We respect your privacy
- Bat Rescue Inc. respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. We adhere to the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
- Bat Rescue collects personal information from you which is necessary to fulfil our role. This may include your name, phone number, email address and postal address to enable us to send information, facilitate the rescue of a bat, process donations and membership applications and manage our rescue database.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
- Bat Rescue Inc. collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically, via phone, in person or when we provide our services to you.
How we use your personal information
- To provide advice and rescue assistance.
- Process donations, bat adoptions and membership applications
- Send receipts and documentation
- Engage with our membership
- We may need to disclose your information confidentially to Bat Rescue members to directly or indirectly assist in the rescue or care of bats, and is intended only for that purpose
- We may be obliged to disclose your personal information if required by law
- Information may be provided to other bodies (for example Department of Environment, other wildlife groups) for permit compliance or other circumstances permitted by the Act
- We do not subscribe the email addresses of non-members to mailing lists, nor sell personal information to external parties
Credit Card Donations and Payments
- Donations may be made online via PayPal. PayPal’s Privacy Statement can be viewed here: PayPal Privacy Statement
- If you do not wish to donate via this service, you may elect to pay by direct deposit to Bat Rescue Inc.’s bank account.
- Bat Rescue Inc takes all reasonable steps to ensure that paper and electronic records containing personal information are stored appropriately and only accessed by those authorised to do so.
- Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience. Bat Rescue Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites.